News & Press Releases from South Metro FCU
We’re excited about all the happenings at South Metro Federal Credit Union that are making the news. Celebrate with us!
News & Press Releases
- January 2018: Chain of Hearts fundraiser South Metro’s Chain of Hearts campaign runs from Jan. 8 through Feb. 28. Show your love to Minnesota’s kids! Stop by any branch, put your name on a paper heart, and support Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare.
- January 2018: Save the date South Metro FCU’s 24th Annual Meeting is on Tuesday, May 1, 2018. It’s a great opportunity to see what’s on the horizon in 2018 and reconnect with new ways to benefit from your membership.
- December 2017: $20,000 in Scholarships Available Applications are now being accepted for the 2018 Foundation Scholarship Council (FSC) scholarship program. This year the council will be awarding $20,000 in the form of two $3,000, two $2,000, and 10 $1,000 scholarships. Any member of a Minnesota Credit Union Network affiliated credit union pursuing post-secondary education in the fall 2018/spring 2019 is eligible to apply. Applicants are asked to write a brief essay of 500 words or less. This year’s question is: “What is your best-ever consumer experience? Where was it [anywhere]? What made it so great?” Applications are being accepted online with a submission deadline of Feb. 1, 2018.
- October 10, 2017: Wanted: Your Testimonial! We’re seeking new member testimonials to add to our website. Click here and tell us what you think of South Metro FCU!
- September 25, 2017: ShakoStrong Foundation is formed.
- September 12, 2017: The Minnesota Credit Union Network issued an update with more details about the Equifax Data Breach. Find out more.
- September 11, 2017: South Metro joins credit unions nationwide supporting CU Aid for victims of the recent hurricanes hitting the southern U.S. You can help too.
- August 1, 2017: South Metro filled three new leadership positions this summer – congratulations and welcome to Denise Meinert, Kari Kalkman, and Kerri Barsness. Find out more.
- July 21, 2017: Kristin Chim Awarded for Outstanding Performance in Investment Services. Find out more.
- July 1, 2017: South Metro’s financial services are now available to residents who live or work in Hennepin and Carver County as well as Scott County of Minnesota. Immediate family members of these residents are also eligible for South Metro membership regardless of where they live. Find out more.
Important Phone Numbers
To report a lost or stolen Debit card, call Card Member Security at 1-888-241-2510.
To dispute a Debit card transaction, call our CO-OP Dispute Line at 1-888-662-6208.
To report a lost or stolen Credit card, call FIS at 1-800-325-3678.
To dispute a Credit card transaction, call FIS at 1-800-423-7503.